Welcome back, 2nd Grade Families!
I hope you had a joyful, relaxing, and blessed Thanksgiving! We have just 3 weeks until another break, so the next 3 weeks will be very busy! Here’s our Week 13 Newsletter and a few important points:
- November Reading Calendars are due THIS Thursday, 11/30.
- Our Nov. Reading Party will be THIS Friday, 12/1. It will be a Book Swap. Students who read 300 minutes or more on their Nov. reading calendar will get to bring one book to swap at our book exchange. Please send books to school with students that you’re willing to part with. Students will put the book they brought in a pile and get to choose a new one from a classmate to take home with them! Please be sure they’re gently used books (no writing, tears, or missing pages, please). Please let me know if you don’t have any books you’re willing to exchange, and I can help out.
- Dec. Scholastic Book Orders will go home Tues, 11/28 and be due Fri, 12/1.
- This Friday, 12/1 will also be our All-School Mass at 11:15 am, so Mass Uniforms will be required!
- In Social Studies, we’ll be preparing for our first Mystery Skype at the end of this week or the beginning of next week. This is where we Skype with another class somewhere in the US and alternate asking yes/no questions to figure out which state the other class is in.
Thanks, and I’m excited for a fun-filled, blessed end of November and beginning of December!