Hello 2nd Grade Families,
Here is Week 21 Newsletter and some important points to note:
- This Friday, 2/9 will be our December Reading Party. All students may dress-up as their favorite book character on this day of school!
- Look for the following papers in students’ homework folders this week:
- Trimester 2 STAR results –> Please take an extra close look at these, and feel free to let me know if you have any questions/concerns!
- Math Unit 4, Quiz 1, Quiz 2, & practice pg. 180
- Dec. & Jan. Reading Calendars
- Religion Ch. 9 Test
- Please practice the Act of Contrition with students at home as we prepare for First Reconciliation. The version of the prayer we’ll be using is below:
- Oh my God, I am sorry for my sins with all of my heart. In choosing to sin and failing to do good, I have sinned against You, whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with Your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Savior, Jesus Christ, suffered and died for us. In His name, my God, have mercy. Amen.
- Please continue collecting money for the Spirit Run until Feb. 15th. Donations can be made at the following link: http://stellamarisacademy.org/parents/pto/. Remember that our goal for 2nd grade is to raise $100/student so we can receive our class goal of a no homework & free-dress day! $100/student will also allow them to go to the taco truck lunch!
- Our weekly “Living Faith at Home” assignments go home Friday & are due on Monday.
- I’ve attached a new math poster that will help with solving word problems. Please help students reference this while completing homework! Click on the following link to view: CUBES strategy poster.
- Please volunteer as a 2nd Grade Mystery Reader below. If this set time doesn’t work for you, I’d love to find a better time for you that does! https://doodle.com/poll/dxi8xqzdqzmw5krg#table
Thank you, and as always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!