Hello 2nd Grade Parents,
Here’s our Week 32 Newsletter and some important points to note (especially regarding First Communion):
- April Reading Calendars were technically due today, Monday, 4/30, but deadline will be extended until TOMORROW, Tuesday, 5/1. Must be turned in by tomorrow to participate in this month’s reading party (which will be next week)!
- Junior Achievement 8-8:45 am Tuesday through Thursday again this week. Students need to be here ON TIME every day!
- This Friday, 5/4 is our May Crowning and First Friday Mass. Please feel free to join us for this beautiful event. Mass Uniform is required!
- This Thurs, 5/3 and Fri, 5/4 will be our Unit 6 Math Test & Performance Assessment Task.
First Communion Information-
- Please look for the flyer regarding pictures at First Communion, which went home today. I’ve attached it to this e-mail as well.
- First Communion Attire Requirements:
- -Girls: White dresses or pants and tops. Veils and gloves are optional. They can wear flower wreaths, etc. Dress shoes, but no high heels.-Boys: White button-down shirts, dress pants (suits & ties – optional) with nice dress shoes.
- First Communion Dates:
-THIS Thursday, May 3rd at 6 pm – mandatory First Communion Rehearsal in the church.
-THIS Saturday, May 5th at 10 am – actual sacrament of First Communion (students & parents should arrive by 9 am!)
- If the children have sacramentals (i.e.-Rosaries, crosses, crucifixes, medals etc.) that they would like to have blessed, they may bring them to the First Communion Mass, as there is a part in the Rite where Father will bless those items.
- Directly following the First Communion Mass, the 3rd grade families of SMA will hold a reception for the 2nd graders and families in the Parish Hall. Please be sure to schedule this into your day and plan reservations for lunch or parties a little bit later in the day so that you can enjoy the hard work the 3rd grade families are putting in for your students and families!
- An additional detailed First Communion e-mail will be coming later this week, so look out for that!
Finally, here is the link to this week’s SMA weekly newsletter for additional events and updates: https://www.smore.com/fumst-sma-newsletter?ref=email-content#w-6745621206
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns, and I am looking forward to this final week of preparation with you and your students!