This is our last full week before break, so it’s a busy one! Here is our Week 16 Newsletter and some important points to note:
- This Thursday, 12/13 will be our SMA Christmas Pageant. Remember, 2nd Graders are being asked to dress up as barn yard animals.
- 1 pm – Dress Rehearsal Performance. Students should wear regular uniforms to school, but bring their costumes with them so we can be in full costume for the 1 pm performance.
- 6 pm – The evening performance will start at 6pm, but our State of the School Address will begin at 5:30 pm. Please drop students off at about 5:20 pm in the 2nd Grade Classroom in their costumes!
- Please feel free to join us for one or both performances!
- If you’d like to purchase a signed Lizette the Vet Book, it’s not too late! I’ve attached the book order if you need an extra one. Final orders are due by THIS Friday, 12/14.
- Unit 2 Social Studies Test will be this Wed, 12/10.
- Unit 3 Math Test/Performance Assessment will be next Mon, 12/17 and Tues, 12/18. Please help students study this weekend!
- Student Council is selling Candy Grams from 12/3 – 12/13 at lunch for $1 each.
- Jamba Juice will be sold in front of the Admin. building this Friday for $4/smoothie.
- 2nd Grade has 3 upcoming field trips:
- Tues, 1/15 – In-N-Out Field Trip leaving at 8:30 am. This will come up quickly when we return from break, so if you’re interested in driving/chaperoning on this field trip, please fill out all required paperwork in the front office with Ms. Clariza ASAP, and e-mail me with how many students you can fit in your car!
- Thurs, 2/7 – San Diego Symphony with our 7th Grade Buddies. More details to come!
- Wed, 3/27 – San Diego Zoo for the 2nd Grade Adaptations Program. More details to come!
- SMA will be attending the World Orphan Choir Assembly next Wed, 12/18 at 2pm! Students have the opportunity to purchase various items to help support these children in their lives and education. Please see flyers going home tomorrow for more information!
Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, and I hope to see you all on Thursday evening for our Christmas Pageant!