Good afternoon 2nd Grade Families,
I hope you had a wonderful 4-day weekend! Here is our Week 20 Newsletter and some important points to note, especially for tomorrow’s field trip.
- Our In-N-Out field trip is TOMORROW, 1/22:
- Please be ON TIME to school, as we’re leaving at approximately 8:15 am!
- Students need to wear regular school uniforms and their regular closed toed shoes!
- If needed, please send your student’s booster seat to school with them in the morning!!!!!
- Students will receive a FREE In-N-Out burger, small fry, and small drink of an early lunch, but I recommend packing 2 snacks for students (1 for before In-N-Out, and 1 for after).
- We should be back to school by 11:30 am, and we will continue instruction as usual for the rest of the day! Thanks, and can’t wait! 🙂
- Dollar Denim Day is this Thurs, 1/23. Donate $1 to the Missions to wear jeans/free dress!
- This Fri, 1/24 is the Dad’s Club Wine Tasting event from 6-9 pm in the Parish Hall!
- This week’s “Living Faith at Home” Ch. 2 discussion will be going home on Fri to be discussed this weekend!
- Next week is Catholic School’s Week! We’ll be kicking it off with SMA Family Mass this Sun, 1/26 at 9 am, followed by Open House from 10 am – 12 pm. This is a wonderful time to encourage friends who might be considering Catholic Schools to come visit SMA! It’s also a wonderful time to stop by our classroom and the other classrooms in the Jr. and Sr. Yard! Please stop by & say hello! 🙂
- I’ve attached the Math videos again for continued homework help as we work our way through this challenging unit. Please view with your student if you’re finding them struggling at home.
- Proof Drawings for Subtraction (with Ungrouping): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH5Fy9xIXPc&list=PLQh3vz6CBO2gLHln2pwqWZVZG9rLo9ZAf&index=14
- Expanded Method + Proof Drawing for Subtraction (with Ungrouping): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc0DAbxI8d4&list=PLQh3vz6CBO2gLHln2pwqWZVZG9rLo9ZAf&index=9
- Ungroup First Method + Proof Drawing for Subtraction (With Ungrouping – *Starting with 100*): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-wdf9QG2hY
- Ungroup First Method + Proof Drawing for Subtraction (with Ungrouping): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzGlaR6Dsy0
- Number Line Strategy for Subtraction (with Ungrouping): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABI7UFDg2o&list=PLQh3vz6CBO2gLHln2pwqWZVZG9rLo9ZAf
Thanks, and I look forward to a wonderful week & an awesome first hand experience at tomorrow’s field trip. As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!