Good afternoon 2nd Grade Families,
Here is our Week 22 Newsletter and some important points to note:
- Our field trip to the Symphony will be this Thurs, 2/7. We will leave at approx. 10:15 am & return at approx. 2:00 pm. We’ll be taking school buses, so no need to send in student’s booster seat. Please pack a sack lunch that can be thrown away when finished and a reusable water bottle.
- Please look for more completed Tri. #2 work coming home this week in Students’ HW Folders.
- Please remember to complete the “Living Faith at Home” sections for Reconciliation prep. each weekend with your student. Reminder that First Reconciliation will be on Sat, 3/9 at 10 am.
- I sent a copy of the Act of Contrition prayer home with students last week. Please practice this with your student at home, as they need it memorized before First Reconciliation.
- Our Feb. Reading Party is this Fri, 2/8. Students can come to school dressed as their favorite fiction book character.
- Our 2nd Grade Valentine’s Day Party will also be this Fri, 2/8 at 11:15 am in the 2nd Grade Class. Please send in the same Valentine for every student in the class!
- Trimester 2 STAR Results are going home today. Keep in mind that this is just one data point of your student’s academic progress. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding your student’s performance.
- Students earned a “No Homework” Pass from filling our marble jar. This pass is going home today, and it can be used once for Math homework on a day of your student’s choosing.
- Spanish with Señora Piña starts again this week! 🙂
I’m looking forward to an excellent field trip Thursday and a fun rest of the week!