Good afternoon 2nd Grade Families,
Thank you to those who came to Family Fun Night on Friday. It was a blast! Please remember to send Mrs. Zack (and myself) any photos/videos you took. I will add them to our class Shutterfly account, and Mrs. Zack might use them for the yearbook.
Here is our Week 7 Newsletter and some important points to note:
- September Reading Calendars were due today (with the 300 minute goal reached and parent signature). I’ll accept them tomorrow too for anyone who forgot. Thank you!
- This Thursday will be our September Reading Party. It will be a pajama day, so any students who complete the 300 minutes of reading for homework will be allowed to wear PJs to school (school-appropriate PJs with tennis shoes, please)!
- Unit 1, Week 2 Fundations Spelling Lists are going home today. If students got all (or almost all) words correct on our pre-test, then they will receive the “Enrichment” list for this week. Please help students practice words at home (the games on Spelling City are a great tool for practicing). Our Spelling Test will be on Thursday this week since there is NO SCHOOL this Friday, 10/4 due to a teacher professional development day with the Diocese.
- Students’ STAR assessment scores will be going home this week. Please look out for these and let me know if you have any questions/concerns. Please also keep in mind that these tests are just one snapshot of your students’ academic performance!
- Please keep encouraging your students to practice Xtra Math and Spelling City at home to improve their spelling and Math fact fluency.
- Please check student’s Homework Folders nightly for graded work coming home! This week, the following graded assignments will be coming home:
- Social Studies Unit 1 Tests
- Math Unit 1, Quiz 2, Fluency Check 2
- Unit 1, Week 1 Fundations Spelling Tests
As always, please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, and I look forward to another great week!