Good afternoon 2nd Grade Families,
Here is our Week 4 Newsletter and some important points to note:
- We will have STAR Testing at 8 am on Wed. and Thurs. this week. Please help students arrive ON TIME, after a good night’s sleep and a healthy breakfast!
- Sept. Scholastic orders are due (online or to me) by tomorrow, Tues, 9/9.
- For Social Studies this week, there will be a Timeline homework assignment due this Fri, 9/13. Students choose relevant events in their lifetime to create a personal timeline. Please help them with dates of these important events. Don’t worry about putting the events together, we will do this in class on Friday! Please just be sure students have written 1 complete sentence for each event, added the date, and drawn a colorful photo to match the event.
- We’re also studying about artifacts this week, so if students have any family artifacts that they’d like to share with the class, please send them in on Thurs, 9/12. They will go back home with students the same day.
- 1st and 2nd Grade will be hosting next Friday’s school Mass on 9/20. Speaking roles will be going home with students tomorrow. Please practice with your students at home so they’re prepared for next Friday! We hope you’ll join us for this special Mass remembering Michelle McKenna’s parents.
- Please sign up to be a 2nd Grade Mystery Reader at www.signupgenius.com/go/508044aa4a72ea0fc1-2ndgrade2 – Thank you for those that emailed me letting me know that the link I sent out wasn’t working. Hopefully this one will!
- Reminder: SMA collects recyclables to raise money for the Missionary Childhood Association. Please consider saving your recyclables from home to drop off at SMA so we can raise as much money as possible for the Missions! Thank you in advance!
- Virtue of the Month: Respect
- Last week’s Quote of the Week: “A person’s a person, no matter how small.” -Dr. Seuss …2nd Grade chose Isabella McKenna as the winner of this quote. Congratulations, Isabella! Thanks for showing respect to all those big and small!
- This week’s Quote of the Week: “One of the most sincere signs of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” -Bryant H. McGill
I will be out tomorrow for my Aunt’s funeral, but I’ll be back Wednesday to answer any 2nd Grade questions or concerns. Looking forward to continuing a great year together!